Could you tell me how to get to Fukuoka Airport?
This Ppt/worksheet is for the Year 3 Sunshine textbook for giving directions, although it could probably be modified for other textbooks.
Submitted by rebvandev
September 10, 2020
Estimated time: 30 minutes
Use the PowerPoint as a visual to assist the dialogue (for the Sunshine textbook, it's on page 30).
Slide 6 and onward plus the worksheet is for explaining how to transfer from Tenjin-minami Station to Tenjin Station since the textbook dialogue doesn't adequately explain that you have to walk for about 10 minutes and not only change trains, but actually change stations.
- Warm up: I played a 3-minute clip from a giving-directions prank video I found on YouTube (called Vacationing Tourist Pranks)
- Demonstrate the dialogue on page 30 with the JTE while simultaneously clicking through Slide 3 as a visual
- Repeat-after-me the new words and dialogue
- Have the students give directions to their pairs with slides 4 & 5, then check as a whole class
- Go through the rest of the slides with the worksheet and have them fill in the blanks on the worksheet with their pair
All content is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License.