Use the PowerPoint as a visual to assist the dialogue (for the Sunshine textbook, it's on page 30).
Slide 6 and onward plus the worksheet is for explaining how to transfer from Tenjin-minami Station to Tenjin Station since the textbook dialogue doesn't adequately explain that you have to walk for about 10 minutes and not only change trains, but actually change stations.
- Warm up: I played a 3-minute clip from a giving-directions prank video I found on YouTube (called Vacationing Tourist Pranks)
- Demonstrate the dialogue on page 30 with the JTE while simultaneously clicking through Slide 3 as a visual
- Repeat-after-me the new words and dialogue
- Have the students give directions to their pairs with slides 4 & 5, then check as a whole class
- Go through the rest of the slides with the worksheet and have them fill in the blanks on the worksheet with their pair