When + 主語 + 動詞
Key Sentence: When I came home, my father was watching TV. One World 2, page 23
Submitted by ronjacob5258
May 20, 2022
Estimated time: 30-35 minutes
- Make groups with 3-4 students.
- Give a deck of cards to each group (40 cards, 20 pairs).
- Students decide their sequence as to who go first, second, etc.
- Each students draw two consecutive cards from the deck and read each card.
- If they come as a pair (as seen in the sentence pattern), they get to keep the cards.
- Duration of the game depends on your plans. But I did this for 35-40 minutes with my classes. (15 minutes speaking-reading/20 minutes writing)
- If the two consecutive drawn cards can’t make sense or not good sentence, create a separate deck of cards facing down.
- If all the cards were drawn up, shuffle the unpaired deck of cards which you just created.
- Do the same routine and mechanics.
- Students count their collected pair of cards. A pair will mean a point.
- Distribute the writing sheet to students.
- Students fill out the sheet using their collected pair of cards. Then, give them another time to think and write the Japanese translations on the space provided for.
- If students didn’t collect enough to fill out their writing sheets, tell them to use the sentences on page 23 of their One World textbook ~ Tool Box.
- This is an activity for reading, speaking, and writing.
All content is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License.