Students race to find all the places on the map. This is a first year friendly take on World Rally.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Alyssa Godfrey on April 1, 2014.
- Directions Race worksheet
- Cars file
- Draw a race track on the board with a 'Start' space and six other spaces. Also, write the places students need to find, in order, on the board.
- Students make groups and choose the order within the group. Have them choose their car one group at a time. The little marker stays with the group and the big marker goes into the 'Start' space on the board.
- The first student from each group stands up and comes to the teacher and JTE. The student says, "I'm looking for the ~" (in order, from the places list on the board). The teacher gives the student a card with directions.
- The students must use their directions card to give directions to the group. The card can only be seen by the student who received it. The directions must be read in ENGLISH to the rest of the group.
- When the group finds the place on the map, they show the teacher and if correct, move their car forward one space.
- The next student starts the process over.
- The first one to reach the finish line is the winner!
- In smaller classes, instead of groups, pairs are acceptable.
- For ES classes, change the direction cards to simple, appropriate phrases.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.