Students make groups and take turns saying "when" sentences to make other students mark stars off of their worksheets. The last student with stars left on their sheet is the winner.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Anonymous on Oct 21, 2012.
- Give one worksheet to each student.
- Students make groups of three or four students.
- The students draw five stars on the grids on their worksheets. They keep them hidden from their group members.
- The students janken to determine the order of play.
- The first student says a sentence. For example: "When Peach called me, I was playing video games." ALL of the students in the group put an X in the corresponding box on their sheets.
- Then it's the next student's turn. He/she says another sentence, and again ALL students in the group mark an X in that box.
- Play continues in this way.
- When a student has X's over all of their stars, they say, "Out!" and are out of the game.
- The game continues until one student is left.
- In pairs - When the speaker says a sentence, ONLY the opposing student puts an X in the box. This way if both students have a star in the same box there isn't a tie. This version works like Battleship.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.