This is a group quiz designed to have the students practice the reduced relative clause_ using the present participle. The students must listen to a hint by the ALT and then search their textbooks for the described pictures.
- The students need their textbooks.
- You need a list of hints and the page numbers on which you find them.
- Make groups and decide the order of students.
- The ALT says a hint for the students to find in their textbooks. (Ex: Can you find the girl playing tennis?)
- Students search through their textbooks to find the pictures.
- Then they come to the ALT with their textbook and show the picture.
- If they found the picture their team gets a point.
- Check the answer (using an overhead projector or the digital textbook).
Tips & Advice:
- First, practice with the whole class (before making groups). Give the students a hint, and let them find the picture in their books. Then check the answer using the overhead projector or digital textbook.
- Use easy-to-find hints in the beginning, and mix in harder hints as time goes on.
These hints are from the New Crown 3 textbook.
Can you find...?
- children playing the saxophone: p5
- a girl making dresses: p9
- a girl sleeping in the park: 37
- children using a tablet: p57
- and so on...