This lesson should be used as a review activity AFTER the students already know how to ask and express directions.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Raegina Taylor on August 27, 2007.
- Students work in groups of 4. Each group is given a place within the school to direct the ALT or JTL to - toilet, gym, science room, computer room, outside field, etc.
- Write up any relevant vocabulary students may need to know that they haven’t learnt yet. For example, they might not know words like stairs, corridor, go up, go down, etc.
- Give students a time limit of maybe 10 mins to think up their directives, then they are to guide the ALT and JTL from the classroom to the actual location their group chose. Follow their directions specifically. If they forget to tell you to turn, run into the wall.
- Bring in a city map and various scenarios: “How do I get to Jusco (shopping center) from our school?” However, I like going around the school as it is more real and tangible to see the teacher walking in to a wall as the students forgot to tell them to turn.
- While some students may have a hard time choosing a location, lazier students may choose locations close to the classroom. You may need to assign locations.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.