This tool works if you want to create 6 small groups in your classroom for something like speech practice. For a class of about 37 students, this would be about 6-7 students for each group. If your class size is significantly bigger or smaller than 37 students you will need to modify the cards and group composition using the spreadsheet.
- Laminate and cut the color cards, letter cards, and animal cards. 2.Laminate and cut the "my group passport" cards.
- At first, create 6 groups of 5-7 students using the students who are seated near each other. THERE MUST BE 6 GROUPS for this version to work. Students should do the first round of their activity (ex: every student in the group practices their speech).
- Give every student a "my group passport" card. Tell them they will return the card at the end of class so you can reuse it.
- Students should practice their speech or do the group activity of your choice. When that group is finished and you want to create a new group, place the color cards on each table group, announcing for students to check the color on their card and go to the table that matches.
- Repeat this process using the letter cards and the animal cards.
- Using this tool, students can experience 4 groups where the members are mostly different each time. *** I used this tool with Junior High School 一年生, but I think older students and maybe younger students can also understand***