Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!
I created a simple Christmas card template and instructions worksheet inspired by the internet but with no annoying watermarks. I kept the worksheet very simple. However, the idea is for them to draw or color in their own pop-out Christmas tree and decorate the front of the card.
I left the instructions extremely simple since I didn't want to overwhelm my lower-level classes with English, but I'll explain the easiest way to create the pop-out effect:
1. Fold the paper "hot dog style" along the lengthwise middle line
2. Cut the half circle
3. Fold the Christmas tree upwards along one of the dotted lines below the star
4. Flip it over and fold again on the other side of the Christmas tree's dotted line
5. Open everything back up
6. Re-fold everything like a normal card, making sure the Christmas tree pops out towards the opener
I'm leaving this really cut and dry here, but for my classes I also have:
• "Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year" cursive handwriting sheets
since many of the girls want to write in cursive on the front
• a supporting powerpoint slide
• art supplies, especially colored paper
I have attached the PDFs below. However, I will link the Google Docs too so you can copy them to your own drive if you wish to edit them. Please note though that the formatting might be strange since I've prioritized aesthetics and did some silly work to keep the template from adding an annoying blank page, but have at it!
Hope you enjoy.
Google Docs Links—