This activity focuses on students ability to create a consequence when given a condition.
Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Stanley Davis on Mar 6, 2014.
- Run through some example sentences so students understand exactly what they will be expected to produce during the activity. (If I don't eat, my mother will be angry. If it's sunny, I'll go outside. etc....) Write some "if" phrases on the board and let students fill in the blanks to give them a feel for the game.
- Put students in groups and give them a sentence sheet.
- Explain your scoring system. (Mine is: Full sentence=1 Incomplete=0 Nothing=-1 Optional bonus point for best sentence.)
- Draw an "If card" from the bag, write it on the board. Students complete the sentence, and read their answers to the class.
- Repeat step 4.
- Have the JTE be the judge of the bonus point.
- Let students choose the "If card" from the bag.
Sign in or register an account to leave a comment.