I took this idea and worksheet from AsakawaSune but changed it because I was running out of prep time. I used this activity after completing page 40 of Here We Go 6 but this could also work as a unit review.
Students fill out a blank bingo sheet each by writing the names of 9 different sports from pages 38-39 of Here We Go 6. Students might need anywhere from 1-5 minutes to do this depending on their writing ability. I allowed them to write in Japanese if they really wanted to but reminded them that I would be saying names of sports in English and encouraged them to try to write in English.
Students will need:
1. Print outs of the bingo sheet
2. Here we go 6 textbook opened to p38-p39. (You can put pages 38-39 on display on the smartboard/tv if your school has that readily available)
3. A pencil
How to play:
1) Have "What do you want to watch?" written on the board and get students to practice saying this a couple of times.
2) When ready to play, prompt the students to say "What do you want to watch?". Teacher replies "I want to watch insert sport. "
3) Repeat step 2 until a student calls out bingo. (I repeated this until 5-8 students called bingo because I thought they could do with the extra practice! Also an excuse to hand out some more stickers)
If you give this a go, let me know how it went!