Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Stanley Dennis on Jan 03, 2014.
- Review the vocabulary with the students.
- Set up the rings or tape in a line either in the front of the class or in the middle (with the desks moved, of course).
- Place the vocabulary cards in the rings while reviewing with the students.
- Split the students into two teams.
- Have them choose their group order (順番ーjunban).
- The first player of each team will janken. The winner will go first.
- The student will say the vocabulary for the ring he wants to shoot for (literally, his target vocabulary).
- They then throw their bean bag toward the ring (one time only).
- If they get the bean bag in the correct ring, their team will receive one point.
- If they get the bean bag in a ring, but the vocabulary is not what they said, they will receive no points.
- If they miss the ring, they will receive no points.
- The player who has shot will go to the back of the team line and sit down.
- The next team will shoot.
- This continues until both teams have played all their players.
- Count the points and declare a winner.
- When I don't have bean bags or hula hoops, I play this game with large foam blocks (generally, only at kindergarten). I tape the vocabulary to the blocks and use a ball in order to knock the correct vocabulary over. Same rules apply.
- Encourage the kids to cheer for their team.
- Rewards are always ok for the winning team.
- For the older kids, I put the vocabulary cards close to the students, but the rings very far away. I usually use the gym.
- Sometimes, if each student has their own bean bag, they begin to throw them all willy nilly. Be sure to not let them throw at each other or out of turn.