Archived from Englipedia.
Originally submitted by Alyssa Godfrey on Feb 28, 2014.
- Students should make 5 groups of 4 students. 1 group will be the sales people. The other groups are the customers. One person from the sales people group will sit at each table (4 tables or groups of desks total). They will recieve clothing cards. Each salesperson has a different selection of items, so students will have to shop around to find the items they need.
- The customer groups will each get a shopping list.
- One person from each group will go to the sales tables and buy 1 item from the shopping list. It must be the correct size and color. They have to do the model conversation to buy their item.
- The first group to buy all of their items is the winner.
- You could then have the winning group become the salespeople and play once more. This would probably make the activity take up the whole lesson.
- This activity needs to be demonstrated very thoroughly before playing, or students will be confused and it will turn into chaos. I recommend using you and the JTE to show what the "shoppers" must do and how after one person gets an item, it's the next person in the group's turn to shop. Have the "salespeople" group perform their role as they will in the game.
- This is form New Horizon second grade, Speak Plus 4 pg 80-81.
- The clothing cards are not colored, so when you print them you need to color them in.