League of Legends is not popular in Japan so I am unsure if your students will be particularly interested in the theme. However I have been doing some desk warming recently and I wanted to make something a little different from my usual points games.
No knowledge of League of Legends (or any other MOBA for that matter) is required to play this :)
- If you are using the cards then you will need to cut them out. I would also advise sleeving or laminating them.
- Make your own questions for the groups to answer.
How to play
I have included an interactive guide within the powerpoint for you to follow. This will explain exactly how to play the game and is a far better resource than me just listing the steps here. That said, here is a brief overview:
- Split the class into six groups and two teams. Groups 1, 3 and 5 are Green Team. Groups 2, 4 and 6 are Red Team.
- Each group will take turns answering questions (not provided). If they answer correctly then they get to move one space along their path.
- Eventually, two teams on the same path will meet and will have to janken. The loser must return to the start of their path.
- Once a team reaches the enemy base, they deal one damage to them. They then go back to the start of their path.
- The above process repeats until one team has 0 health left.
- To keep track of each team's health, draw 10 lines for each team on the board and erase one every time their nexus is attacked.
- You could have students speak the answers to questions or give them whiteboards/pens (or maybe both to practice writing and speaking skills)
- When a player reaches stop 4 (the river) they can choose to forfeit moving on their next turn and instead draw a card. The cards are 'high risk, high reward' style and will either be very helpful or a hinderence to a team.
- When you need to put a group back to the start of their path, you will have to click their portrait until they are teleported back.
Hopefully somebody gets some use out of this !