This activity is suitable for:
- “Let’s Talk” and “Enjoy communication” activities (ES & JHS)
- Any verbal dialogue in the textbook (E.g. Asami and Josh)
- Q&A dialogue
*Example #1: *
Q: Have you ever been to Tokyo?
A: Yes, I have. [No I haven’t])
*Example #2: *
Q: How many pens do you have?
A: I have three pens.
Things to Note:
- No seat or desk arrangement needed
- [OPTIONAL] Preparation time is required to make dialogue on the WS and print “Like stickers”
--> [OPTIONAL] “Like” stickers + zip lock bag to put stickers in
NOTE: I recommend printing about 4-5 stickers sheets and using the paper guillotine to cut them out. (There are 72 stickers in total)
--> [OPTIONAL] If you're using stickers, students must have their glue stick/glue tape with them to glue their stickers on their WS
--> Print out worksheets (I made 4 types depending on how you want to run the activity)
For detailed notes on how to play this game, it's all included in the notes section (PPT file).
- Practice target dialogue/Q&A/etc with students
- Have students stand up and walk around practicing the dialogue.
- When they both finish the dialogue, they exchange "LIKE" stickers
- If you’re doing stickers, before you start, tell the students to come up to you if they run out of stickers and have them say “May I have some stickers, please?” (Simple Ver: Stickers, please.)
NOTE: If you're NOT doing stickers, the students will write their name, initials, or draw a picture instead in the "thumbs up" emoji.
- There are 72 stickers to collect!
- OPTIONAL When they're all seated down, ask for volunteers to stand up and say the target dialogue.